Atlantic Systematic Envelopes ltd. (ASE Print) was founded by the late A.H. Peter Doane in 1967, but prior to that Mr. Doane worked as vice-president of Truro Printing & Publishing Co. In his spare time he worked for 12 years developing the first church envelope printing press in the Maritimes.
Peter’s only employee, the late Doug MacDonald, purchased the business in 1973. Doug and Bev grew the business over the next 25 years, becoming a major supplier for church envelopes across Canada and sheet fed printing in the Nova Scotia market.
Arnold and Eleanor Melanson purchased ASE Print in 1998. The church envelope division was sold to a West Virginia company in 2000. This enabled ASE to focus on the Commercial Print market.
Over our 47 year history our focus has always been to provide a quality printing service for our customers. This basic principle has passed the “test of time”. We have a growing customer list with several 20 year plus customer relationships still in place.
ASE has the trained professionals, equipment and financial resources to promptly complete your projects. We produce a quality product (on time) with a staff of 9 full time professionals, using a complete equipment configuration in a clean well organized shop. ASE is the largest printer in Colchester and Cumberland County.
Digital Color Press with Fiery RIP, high speed black and white copiers, Duplo DC-615 (Slitter/Cutter/Creaser). All devices are connected to our network for prompt output and efficient production.
We strive to produce our products with the least amount of impact on our planet.
The main points:
- Vegetable based inks
- Computer to plate system (chemical free Agfa system)
- All paper offcut & waste is recycled
- Our 6000 square foot plant is heated and air conditioned with heat pumps
- FSC- Certified paper is promoted and used whenever possible
- The use of recycled content papers is encouraged
- Offset Equipment: Agfa Acento 2S Chemical Free Computer to Plate System, Ryobi 524 Four Colour Press, Halm Super Jet high speed envelope press.
- Rosback Perf Score, GBC AP2 with Digicoil Inserter